sumanbd's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Bangabandhu Military Museum: Relates to Bangladesh and Armed Forces

Part of Front View  of the MuseumPart of Front View of the Museum

Brief History of the Museum: The Bangabandhu Military Museum was established in Dhaka Cantonment and named “Army Museum” in 1987 later 1999 it was shifted to Bijoy Sarani with renamed ‘Bangladesh Military Museum' and the Museum was reconstructed and renamed again ‘Bangabandhu Military Museum’ which was started in 2022.

Fact CheckFact Check

Bangladesh has three armed forces Army, Navy and Air Force, and the entire museum is distributed among them separately. The basement floors are allotted to the Bangladesh Navy. The first floor displays exhibits of the Bangladesh Army. The second floor is allotted to the Bangladesh Air Force.

Out Door Sitting beside the main entry of the MuseumOut Door Sitting beside the main entry of the Museum

After entering the museum arena you will enjoy seeing the outdoor landscaping scene. Very green and nicely decorated with benches and some trees, besides there are pond-like reservoirs where a fountain is installed. The entire place is found very neat and clean.

This area is located beside the Museum ComplexThis area is located beside the Museum Complex

Entering the main building of the Museum I was kind of amazed to see the inside interior views and I believe you will also be amazed. How nicely organized and set up each of the instrument, equipment, and museum-related items in the building. The lighting, shadows, and other things were really beautifully organized besides ambience was so attractive. Some historical items are organized in a disciplined way by the three armed forces Army, Navy, and Air Force.

In front of the Museum ComplexIn front of the Museum Complex

The Navy is in the first gallery on the Ground floor (Basements 1 & 2) where I have seen some historical model ships of warships related to our Independent War. Besides this, I have also seen some present model ships of warships and models of submarines of the Bangladesh Navy.

BN Model Helicopter, Aircraft and  BoatehicleBN Model Helicopter, Aircraft and Boatehicle

There are also ancient warship demos, model helicopters of the Navy, a virtual underwater world, dresses, and badges of various ranks. But the exhibition of Naval War at Sea will feel something special to you.

BN RDC LauncherBN RDC Launcher

Army Gallery is located on the 1st Floor where I have seen some historical information and equipment related to our independent war decorated respectably in the Museum. I have seen a Wagoner Zeep used by General M A G Osmani (Muhammad Ataul Gani Osmani) during the liberation war, Mr. Osmani who was the supreme commander of the freedom fighters during the liberation war of Bangladesh in 1971. There are also various models of commandos and battlefields.

Wagoner Zeep used by General M A G OsmaniWagoner Zeep used by General M A G Osmani

Besides some machine guns, pistols, army vehicles, cannons, inactive bombs, and mortars were also seen during the liberation war.  

Wartime Equipment: Shell, water pot and grenadeWartime Equipment: Shell, water pot and grenade

106 mm RR Jeep106 mm RR Jeep

Model of Battlefield , Bangladesh ArmyModel of Battlefield , Bangladesh Army

Basically, in the Army gallery, you will find these things. I have seen some ribbons and badges of various ranks of the Bangladesh Army.

Air Force Gallery is located on the 2nd Floor of the Museum. I have seen some replicas of helicopters, fighter planes, training aircraft, replicas of different kinds of missiles, replicas of MIG aircraft, Engines of aircraft, and many more items as well.

BAF Model HelicopterBAF Model Helicopter

Besides, there was a Graphical presentation and Interactive display session to learn about the Air Forces, although; I couldn’t concentrate due to my family.

BAF part of various kind of AircraftBAF part of various kind of Aircraft

BAF RadarBAF Radar

There is also an outdoor exhibition gallery where different wartime-used vehicles, cannons, and aircraft are placed in an organized way. In the water area, I have seen a large replica of a ship, a replica of the destroyer, and a large replica of a Submarine. Some wall art expresses the history of the Bangladesh Liberation War.

BN Model of SubmarineBN Model of Submarine

There is also the UN & CHT Gallery located on the 3rd floor where Bangladesh Armed Forces are deployed or worked for UN Peace Mission under the United Nations photographs have been shared with the public and Chattogram Hill Tracts-related information is also shared.

So this is the summary of what I have seen over there. During this period I have enjoyed and gained some knowledge from the Museum Archive. The museum is a complete information hub of Bangladesh and Bangladesh Armed Forces.

Important Fact:

•          The museum is open daily except Wednesday, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
  •          Friday is open in the second half from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm
  •          Closed on Wednesday
  •          The last entry is 1 hour before closure.
  •          Visitors will be asked to vacate the exhibition rooms 30 minutes before closure.
  •          Bangabandhu Military Museum is closed on all National and Public Holidays.

Ticket Prices: Bangladeshi (Above 5 Years) for 100 TK, SAARC Citizen for 300 TK and Foreign Citizen  for 500 TK

If you want to purchase a ticket from their website before purchase you have to be registered and then purchase through https://www.bangabandhumilitarymuseum.com using Bank Card or Mobile Banking Channel. After the completion of the purchase, you will be sent Ticket Confirmation Mail which will be shown to the Main Ticket Counter of the Museum Complex to Collect the Original Ticket to enter the Museum.

Entry is free to the Bangabandhu Military Museum for the following visitors:

•          Freedom fighters
  •          All visitors under the age of 05-year-old
  •          Persons with special needs

Entry is free for all visitors on Independence Day (26th March), Armed Forces Day (21st November), and Victory Day (16th December).

The Bangabandhu Military Museum is located at Bijoy Sarani, Farmgate, Dhaka – 1215 and anyone can come here from any part of Dhaka City and the Country very easily by Bus, CNG, or Car.

Hope the story will like you though I have lots of photos that won’t be shared if shared you will be bored 😉. Have a good day. Thank You 🙂

Dhaka, Bangladesh
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Bangabandhu Military Museum: Relates to Bangladesh and Armed Forces

The museum looks modern and in tip top condition.

The photos and the collage are excellent @sumanbd.

The post is informative and helpful for those who plan to visit.

Wonderful place and article 👍

Level 8

Yes, you are right. Museum is very tip top, modern and neat and clean as well. Thanks @Tushar_Suradkar for your nice comment. 

Level 9

Dear @sumanbd

The way you have given perfect description and useful information about the museum is undoubtedly great 👍

20220725_173429.jpg

I had a chance to visit this museum once. The museum is really amazing. 

When I went, the ticket was 50 taka. I will go again if I have the chance.

Thank you so much for sharing with us a wonderful post. 

Best Regards 

Greetings from Barishal, Bangladesh.
Level 8

Thanks @KamalHossenR for sharing your views with me. How lucky you are that Ticket Price is gone double now! 

Level 8

Very interesting post @sumanbd 

The museum looking wonderful in your photos. You description is also very good. I have enjoyed very much to read your post.

Level 8

Thanks @Tandrima2, yes the museum is really good, neat and clean as well. 

Level 8

Yes, you are right the museum is very good, neat and clean as well. Thanks @Tandrima2 .